If you wish to join one of our many committees, please see the following committee list, including a brief description for each, and apply for the position(s) that best fits your area of expertise. If you would like more information on becoming a leader of DAAR with the Board of Directors, or participating on any of the committees, please contact Amanda at firstname.lastname@example.org
Board of Directors
Board of Director Responsibilities
- Directors have sole authority to appropriate association funds, but do not unreasonably obligate DAAR beyond its tenure of office.
- Set public policy position as it pertains to the real estate industry.
- Establish governing policies of the Association.
- Approve member programs, products and services.
- Establish dues amounts.
- Certify members qualifying for REALTORâ status.
- Define Local Board jurisdictions.
The purpose of the Audit/Building/Finance Committee of the Durango Area Association of REALTORS® is to oversee the development of the annual budget and maintenance of the Association’s building.
Volunteers on this committee will
- Review reports on the financial condition of the Board
- Review any and all functions, procedures and expenditures that effect organizational income and expenses including building maintenance.
- Receive and give consideration to proposals from the Board of Directors as to any policies affecting the financial condition of the Board.
- Plan for future financial requirements based on the recommendations of the Board of Directors and the Executive Officer.
- Anticipate future financial needs and recommend methods of obtaining needed revenues to adequately support a well balanced program of activities for members.
- Review and make recommendations concerning the use or investment of reserve funds.
- Interface the Finance and Audit functions to give the best overall financial picture.
This is the most active committee at DAAR, and the one where volunteers see the greatest impact to the community. The mission of the DAAR Community Service Committee is to improve the quality of life for the citizens of La Plata and San Juan, Colorado counties and promote housing-related and educational projects. This is accomplished through activities that support housing-related projects and family causes.
Our Annual Helping Hands Charity Golf Tournament is one of the Community Service Committee’s largest and most successful endeavors. The proceeds raised are distributed to organizations in our community such as Volunteers of America, Habitat for Humanity, Southwest Safehouse and many others. We also raise money for scholarships benefitting local graduates.
The purpose of the Legislative Committee is to keep the general body of REALTORS® informed of any of ongoing governmental activities. Information is provided about laws/bills or regulations presented and/or passed in the the city, the county, Colorado State Assembly, and/or nationally concerning real estate or property rights. Follow up information about the actions taken to support or repeal legislative action is presented to the REALTORS® through the committee.
[contact-form][contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Phone Number’ type=’text’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Which Committee Interests You?’ type=’text’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’What experience can you offer the committee?’ type=’textarea’/][/contact-form]